Waimihia Forest Climate & Temperature
- Waimihia Forest, New Zealand is at 38°47'S, 176°15'E, 743 m (2438 ft). See map.
- Waimihia Forest has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Waimihia Forest is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean temperature is 9.4 degrees Celsius (48.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.2 °C (18.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1663.4 mm (65.5 inches) which is equivalent to 1663.4 Litres/m² (40.8 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Waimihia Forest you would come out nearest to the climate station at Ciudad Real, Spain where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Waimihia Forest, New Zealand Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: