Waimihia Forest Climate & Temperature
- Waimihia Forest, New Zealand is at 38°47'S, 176°15'E, 743 m (2438 ft). See map.
- Waimihia Forest has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Waimihia Forest is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 9.4 degrees Celsius (48.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.2 °C (18.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1663.4 mm (65.5 inches) which is equivalent to 1663.4 Litres/m² (40.8 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Waimihia Forest you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Ciudad Real, Spain where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Waimihia Forest Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Waimihia Forest Climate Graph in Metric Units
Waimihia Forest Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Waimihia Forest, New Zealand Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: